2016 - 2017 Direct Loans
To borrow subsidized/unsubsidized loans for periods of enrollment from July 2016 to June 2017. Follow the instructions in the box below.
- Enrollment Requirements
- You must be enrolled at least half-time, which is 6 credits
- If you have to withdraw or become less than half-time
- Your grace period may start on old loans you have borrowed
- Payments will be due on old loans that no longer have a grace period or were on school deferment
- No new loan can be certified for this period
- You may be put on warning or suspension for Satisfactory Academic Progress
- You will need to complete Exit counseling at StudentLoans.gov
- If you borrow an Unsubsidized loan
You have the option to work with the holder of your loan and either pay the interest as it accrues quarterly
or have it capitalized. Capitalized interest is added to your principal loan amount and the next quarter the
interest that accrues will be calculated on your principal amount plus the capitalized interest.
- You have the right to cancel your student loan at any time. If your loan funds have been disbursed to
you, you have within 14 business days to return the funds to the college for a full refund back to the loan program.
If you have already received your loan disbursement and it has been more than 14 days you can send the funds directly
back to your DL Servicer.
SFCC utilizes "active confirmation" on all student Direct Loans prior to disbursing the loan(s) to the student financials. Active confirmation is the
process requiring the student to accept/decline/decrease the loan(s) they want to borrow for the specified aid year.
After the loan has disbursed to student financials, SFCC utilizes "passive confirmation" on all student Direct Loans. SFCC sends students an updated
award notification when/if any changes are made to their financial aid awards. The Financial Aid Notification serves as passive confirmation for your student loan. It
tells you the new loan dollar amount that will be added to your Master Promissory Note, that you have agreed to repay.
Once certified your loan will be submitted to the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS), and will be accessible by
guaranty agencies, lenders, and schools determined to be authorized users of the data system.
Find out information about
YOUR loan after it is certified. Access StudentLoans.gov to:
- Find out who is the Holder of your loan(s)
- Complete EXIT counseling
- Set up a repayment schedule
- Find out how much you have borrowed
After you complete all steps the Financial Aid Office will process your loan request and, if approved you will receive a revised Financial Aid Notification containing the
loan amount and date of disbursement. You also can check your student services center within CTC Link.
- By accepting the loan disbursement, you acknowledge understanding and receipt of loan money. Direct Loan amounts can change upon further review of eligibility.
I am applying for my first Federal Direct Student Loan at SFCC.
I have never borrowed a loan at SFCC.
Use the buttons above to complete both the Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note.
If you have transfer credits that you believe make you a second year student choose the Second
Year Certification tab above to print and submit that form.
After you complete all steps the Financial Aid Office will process your loan request and, if approved,
you will receive a revised Financial Aid Notification containing the loan amount and date of disbursement.
You also can check the financial aid portal.
The Financial Aid Notification serves as passive confirmation for your student loan. It tells you
the new loan dollar amount that will be added to your Master Promissory Note, that you have agreed to repay.
- By accepting loan disbursement, you acknowledge understanding and receipt of loan money.
If you declined loans, or the offered loans were cancelled, or you accepted less than what was offered and would like to be
re-reviewed for potential additional loan funding, please contact our office at 509-533-3550.
We are sorry, supplemental loans are not available at this time. The loan dates are listed below.
SUPPLEMENTAL LOAN DATES
Website opens up Sat. 7/16/2016
July 18, 2016 through July 22, 2016
October 03, 2016 through October 21, 2016
January 17, 2017 through February 03, 2017
April 17, 2017 through May 05, 2017
Website opens up Sat. 10/1/2016
Website opens up Sat. 1/14/2017
Website opens up Sat. 4/15/2017